Sunday, March 28, 2010

Writings of Margie...

When in Blanding last time, I found this sheet of paper that Margie had begun writing some items on.



Here is what Margie wrote...

I have held many positions in the church. Teacher in the Sunday School when I was but 15 years old and secy. of the Primary about the same time. I was assistant organist to Lucy A. Harris in the S.S. for two or three years and then when I was about 17 I was put in as organist, a position I have held almost continuously since then. And after 38 years still hold this position.

For at least ten years I have been Ward oganist periodically. I have been organist in R.S. and Primary and M.I.A. At the present time I am also Primary organist.

Pres. of the San Juan Stake R.S.

Other positions I have held are:

1. Social Case Worker on the R.S. Board
2. Ward R.S. President
3. 1st Couns., 2nd Couns. and President of the Ward M.I.A.
4. President of the Ward Primary

I have been president of the PTA and Captain of the D.U.P.

Worked as County case worker on the F.E.R.A.

Been secty. of the Blanding Health Assoc. for two years.

My only formal education was the San Juan High School. I became interested in Genealogical work in 1942. I give the credit to my sister Luella for getting me interested and owe everything to Lucretia Ramey (sp?) for patiently teaching me some things about doing it.

In the past six years it has been my privilidge to travel to the Eastern sea board 4 times. In 1948 to Cumberland Maryland by train when my first grandson...

No comments:

Post a Comment