Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nativity "Diary"

Granny had a Nativity Set and Snow Village that she set up every year. She kept a few entries regarding the setting up and taking down of these things.



1974 - Shabby little houses and trees. Very poor cotton, but the little village looked rather cute in spite of all the handicaps.

1975 - About the same. Maybe a bit better cotton and Caroline gave me some snow which helped a great deal.

1976 - Used again. Looked like home.

1977 - Looked real good.

Dec 8, 1978 - Don helped me this time. I just love to have it up. This nativity looked its best Christmas. There was more green - some rocks, the little angels.

1979 - Don helped again. It was cute.

Jan 5, 1981 - This dear little nativity is a comfort to me. This year it was the best ever because Irene (?) painted Joseph’s gray locks and painted his eyes and lips. He is handsome as he should be. Don has just helped me box it up. Granny.

Jan 5, 1981 - Don helped put the Snow Village away for another year. He loves it. Granny

Jan 6, 1982, 10:30am. - Don and Francis have helped put the Snow Village away for another year. It was fun putting them up and taking them down. I don’t know who enjoys it more, the boys or Granny.

Jan 6, 1982 - Don and Francis have helped put the Nativity set to rest for another year. It has been very enjoyable. It is now 11:00am.

Christmas 1982 - Cori and Marci brought a tiny doll to put in the manger.

Jan 4, 1983 - Don, Francis and Taylor have put the nativity set away for another ear. The have also taken the trimmings off our beautiful tree. They helped put them up earlier than usual. It is fun.

This is still 1983 - December 30, but Don and Francis have been here and helped me take down my Christmas decorations. I usually wait until after the first of the year, but this time I didn’t seem to want them up any longer. Don really does a good job for me. Works fast and to the bitter end. Boxed them and took the boxes to the basement. I can’t but wonder if I will help do it next year. I left more up to Don because I see poorly. But he loves doing it. Granny, Noon- Dec. 30, 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment