Sunday, August 16, 2009

Priesthood Worthiness

Today's entry is from one of Granny's journals. Granddaughter Lynette Lyman Bayles has Granny's journals in her possession. Thanks Lynette for suggesting this story! This story was told by Marvin to Margie and she entered it into her journal.

Marvin in uniform - WWI




“I learned the blessings on the bread and water when first I was ordained a priest and never forgot them. When I was in Camp Lewis during World War One some of us fellows decided one Sunday to find the Mormon church if we could. We walked for a long long way and finally came to a small church. There was a real small congregation. We had never been there before and had never seen anyone there. The presiding Elder was quite an old man. Just as we came in and sat down in the rear of the building he walked down the isle and asked me to come up and administer the sacrament, didn’t even ask me if I was a Mormon. I was certainly thankful that I could do it. They didn’t have a book, card or anything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment