Sunday, November 29, 2009

'Damn Hurst'

Last evening I was thinking that I hadn't even thought about what to post on today's blog. This morning, Mike shared with me a funny story that will serve as today's entry.



This morning we were talking about a few things and all of a sudden Mike stopped and said, "I don't want this conversation to become a 'Damn Hurst'. As I had no idea what he was talking about, I asked, "What is a Damn Hurst?" Mike responded, "When Granny and her siblings would all get together and talk about all of their woes. They used to call it a Damn Hurst."

Well, I cracked up laughing. Mike has told me on more than one occasion that the Hurst's were talkers, but I had no idea that they had coined terminology to describe some of their talking sessions!


(Does anyone have the photo of Granny with her siblings. I think it was taken at her parents anniversary celebration. Caroline had it, but I couldn't find it when I was in Blanding last time. I'd love to post that photo with this post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment